Glens Scotch Whisky

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jones
Administrator

07-31-2015 07:58 PM

Despite being among the most fertile parts of Scotland, Aberdeenshire has not many distilleries. In 1995 it looked likely to have one less when Morrison Bowmore (MBD) mothballed Glen Garioch, inside the little village of Oldmeldrum.

Glen Garioch

Despite being one of the most fertile areas of Scotland, Aberdeenshire has very few distilleries. In 1995 it looked likely to have one less when Morrison Bowmore (MBD) mothballed Glen Garioch, inside the small village of Oldmeldrum. In the event you want to learn further about best whiskey stones, there are many resources you might think about investigating. Much to everyone's surprise they re-opened it two-years later - in-time because of its 200th birthday - and gave Fraser Hughes his first managerial job.

Fraser is overseeing a radical change in Gier. Garioch's type. Learn further on our favorite partner article - Hit this webpage: whiskey stone. For years, MBD had killed on the peat, but now the malt i-unpeated. A fresh yeast strain is being usec and the cut is concentrated, resulting :r. Whiskey Rocks is a fine resource for more concerning where to do this thing. i gorgeously-sweet and fresh new make. 'Not many people have the chance to maintain charge and be in from the beginning of such a huge transformation,' says Fraser. 'I am really worked up about it. Ten years later on this will be a success.'

The excellent malt barns can make three-quarters of-the distillery's needs and Fraser is actually itching to get them going again. Successful tests mean it's a distinct possibility that the odor of kilning malt can once again waft over the village, whici is rejuvenated because the reopening. 'Five of the original team returned when we reopened, despite the fact that they'd take-n new-jobs elsewhere,' h-e says. Get extra information on this partner link - Hit this link: whiskey cubes website. 'That shows the faith they've in us. We have to settle that, by making great spirit.'

Eleven jobs have now been developed and, more could appear, if malt barns and stores re-open. It seems to run counter to industry procedure. 'I don't believe all-that computerisation is whisky making,' says Fraser. 'You need that personal contact. It's hard to explain, but it should not be likes conveyor belt. Nothing beats being hands it's graft and work that makes whisky.

'I have worked my way up from the floor. Not many people could say that these days and, unfortunately, not many people may have that chance. I'm happy and it keeps the feet on|the bottom.' A director and a whisky to view out for.

SAMPLING NOTES

Glen Garioch 8-year-old

Some turfy/peaty notes, with bonfires and a bint of sherry. Smoky, roasted taste with a coat of ginger on the finish.

Glen Garioch 15-year-old

Pungent, strong mixture of leather car upholstery, material conditioner and fresh ginger..